Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tea Time at the Windsor Arms Hotel

Last Monday, my friend M celebrated her 24th birthday at the Windsor Arms Hotel for High-Tea. We attended the Traditional Afternoon Tea and it was a great way to celebrate her birthday, as well as to catch-up and have long, flowing conversations. I find that at this day & age, it's very rare to get a group of friends together & actually have a conversation. It's become the norm to hang out with human beings but stay attached on your phone (I'm guilty of this too!).

What I Wore: Lace Baby Doll Dress (Urban Planet) / Knitted Poncho TNA (Aritzia) / Rose gold & Gunmetal watch (Marc by Marc Jacobs) / Jade Bracelet (Gifted) / Silver Balls Bracelets (Tiffany & Co) / Purse - Speedy 30 (Louis Vuitton)
They had a great selection of loose-leaf teas! The afternoon tea menu came with freshly baked scones, mini sandwich rolls, goat cheese tarts, variety of desserts and you finish off with sparkling raspberry sorbet.

Shoes (Aldo) / This is a closer look at the different patterns & materials I paired for my outfit.
I ordered the "Once upon a tea" which was a mixture of chocolate bits, vanilla, fruit blend, organic mint & organic rooibos. It reminded me of a tea I had last winter from David's Tea, but I forgot the name. I really enjoyed the aroma and the taste of the tea, I think it paired well with the scones (But, I'm not a tea connoisseur).

 
Overall, it's definitely something I'd like to do again sometime! If you've had high-tea in Toronto besides the Windsor Arms Hotel, leave a comment below - how was your experience? would you recommend it?
 
Talk soon!

2 comments:

  1. Karla,

    Happy belated birthday and thank you for the wonderful post on our afternoon tea.

    Regards,
    Christine Korda
    Director Communications & Special Events
    Windsor Arms Hotel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! It's definitely something I'd like to do again! It was a pleasure :) Also our waiter (I forgot his name) was also very helpful and sociable! We all enjoyed our first high-tea experience :)

      Delete